Yummy Potato salad
Yummy Potato salad. This brine-inspired cucumber-inspired cucumber turned into potatoes and crispy-cream carrots with a spicy sharp savory vinegar. Throw them in, still warm, with the leftover chicken and crunchy green celery, onions, and yes, sliced cucumbers on a double, sweet cucumber.
- 4 medium size russet potatoes (about 2½ lb.), sliced, cut into 2 pieces “
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots (about 8 oz.), Sliced, cut into 1 ″ slices.
- 3 TBook. vegetable oil
- 3 TBook. Pickle Brine Spice Rub
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt, separated
- ½ small red onions, sliced
- 4 barn weeds, evenly cut to diagonal
- 2 tsp. and white wine vinegar
- 3 TBook. extra virgin oil
- 3 TBook. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie or cooked chicken left over
- 4 spears of kosher dill cake, sliced ¼ “thick
- ¾ cup of parsley leaves stems tender
- Preheat in the oven to 400 ° F. Throw the potatoes and carrots with vegetable oil on a greased baking sheet to knead. Sprinkle evenly with spice rub and ½ tsp. salt. Soak until the vegetables are lightly browned, tender, and crispy on the outside, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss onions, celery, vinegar, and 1 tsp remaining. salt in a large mixing bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, a whisk of olive oil, mayonnaise, and mustard in a small bowl to combine. Stir in the chicken; set aside.
- Add the cucumber, parsley, and roasted mashed potatoes and carrots to saute with the onion mixture and toss to combine. Stir in well-dressed chicken to spread.
- To serve, transfer to a bowl or divide between plates.